Surat : SGCCI Partners with Knowledge Chamber of Commerce and Industry to Boost Food Processing Industry
MoU Signed to Promote Trade and Collaboration
Surat, India – November 27, 2023 – The South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SGCCI) and the National Level Knowledge Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on initiatives to promote the food processing industry. The MoU was signed by SGCCI President Ramesh Vaghasia and KCCI President Dhawal Rawal at Samriddhi in Nanpura, Surat on November 25, 2023.
Under the MoU, the two chambers will work together to:
- Link industrialists associated with the food processing industry in South Gujarat and across India to the KCCI
- Develop reciprocal industrial and commercial relations between SGCCI and KCCI members to buy and sell products
- Organize joint programs for the development of the food processing industry
- Guide entrepreneurs about various government schemes and subsidies for the food processing industry and export opportunities
- Make food processing units in South Gujarat export-oriented
The two chambers also discussed the SGCCI Global Connect Mission 84 project, which aims to connect 84,000 entrepreneurs of India and 84,000 businessmen doing business in different countries of the world. The project includes an online international portal that will provide information on export opportunities, government schemes, and laws and regulations in different countries.
SGCCI President Ramesh Vaghasia said that the MoU with KCCI is a significant step forward in promoting the food processing industry in South Gujarat. "We are confident that this collaboration will help us to achieve our goal of making South Gujarat a hub for the food processing industry," he said.
KCCI President Dhawal Rawal said that the KCCI is committed to working with SGCCI to support the food processing industry. "We are eager to connect our members with the Mission 84 project and help them to take advantage of the opportunities it offers," he said.